Welcome to the W.L. May Company Blog.
Offering information and fun for the appliance repair industry and interested do-it-yourselfers since 2013.

To shop for appliance parts visit our Main Page
Phone: 1-800-377-8881
Email: Sales@WLMay.Com

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Wednesday Weekly Stock: Ranges

Every week at W.L. may we have several items we feature as good parts to consider adding to your stock. These parts also have special pricing available. For pricing details, ask your account representative for more information. This week we keep the summer cooking with some range parts.

5303935057 and 5303935054
Even if your range is looking well, drip pans tend to get dirty as they do what they were intended for and catch items that drip around a surface burner. These are an easy replacement and by and large drip pans are an inexpensive item. Beware though of the many home repair stores that have "generic" drip pans on their shelves.

Often we get calls from folks who have tried to use universal drip pans. They call us because they found that the pans do not fit correctly into the hole for them, or the elements don't sit correctly in the drip pan. Avoid those frustrations by using manufacturers specified parts, such as these chrome drip pans that fit most Frigidaire electric ranges. Part 5303935057 is the 6" size and 5303935054 is the 8" drip pan.

715877 and 715878
If you have a JennAir the chrome drip pans that are needed are different. The space where the element plus in is cut in from the lip as opposed to Frigidaire style that used a hole for the elements terminals to fit through. The Jenn Air style pans are not only found on JennAirs, but can be found on some Whirlpool, Maytag and Kenmore models as well. 715877 is the 6" drip pan and 715878 is it's 8" compliment.

Another part for JennAir ranges that we are featuring this week is their surface unit infinite switch. For many years, part 700855k was the switch used on JennAir cooktops for both large and small surface elements.
When I was telling you about the drip pans being featured this week, I made a point of mentioning the hole that the element passes through. Just outside the drip pan the terminals for the element connect to power passed down via wiring from the infinite switch. Where they meet there is a receptacle or "burner block". On many Maytags, the receptacle called for is part 12001656. It comes as kit that includes the ceramic black, the metal installation bracket, and wires and wire nuts.
Electrolux also makes a "burner block" kit. They include a couple different mounting brackets making part 5303935058 a very useful item.


Other featured items this week include Maytag's 12001656 6' oven sensor and their spark module 12001596. We also have a lot of other items for your range that fall under our "Every Day Low Pricing" program. We'd love to help, so give us a call!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.