Saturday I was here at work and perusing my Facebook page and Viral Nova had pictures of "Cooking Fails" - things that people tried to cook and came out horrible wrong. The first picture had me recoiling in horror. It was really tough to even look at the rest but they weren't as bad.
1. Obvious! The oven hasn't been cleaned in so long that the ick on the bottom spontaneously combusts.
2. Missing burner knob - bring in or call us with your model number and W L May can find a replacement for that!
3. Foil being used for drip pans. Oh, this is so dangerous in so many ways! Grease and goo collect a lot more in this and can start a kitchen fire so much easier. And the fact that this is a gas stove makes it more likely. Also, the heat can be reflected up and create hot spots and shorten the life of your burners. Drip pans are usually inexpensive and quick to change. Check them out periodically. I didn't think it had been that long ago that I had replaced mine, but when I was doing my staycation cleaning they were pretty bad (head hung in shame!). Again, contact W L May and we can get replacements for you.
4. I don't even want to guess at what they are trying to cook here much less eat it!
5. Probably a good thing we can't see the rest of the kitchen....
If you do have a fire in your oven the best way to put it out if you don't have an extinguisher handy, is to dump baking soda on it. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER BAKING INGREDIENT! Flour make look the same but it is NOT. DO NOT USE WATER! Call 911 immediately if you can't control it immediately.
Now that I've turned your stomach a bit, take a good look at your stove and call us if you need replacement parts.
Have a great week!