One of our more common questions we get asked at W.L. May Company is "what items are popular sellers?" When clients ask that question it is because they would like to stock those items to be ready for any eventuality. It can be difficult to recommend a standard stock list that would be the same for every client. Many factors can change the needed stock for a given company. Such things as the climate, gas and electrical infrastructure in the community, energy rates, and income levels and local dealers all can have a bearing on what is needed to fill a well stocked service vehicle or parts department. Because of all the different things that can change stocking needs, I can't exactly offer you a complete list that would work for every company. Some parts, however are universally common and generally our best sellers. Today we crack open the books and share with you six of our top Electrolux dryer parts. In the future we will revisit this subject for some other top sellers in other categories. These parts are not "must stock" items (after all it IS a free country, you can stock what you want), but they are "strongly encouraged" items that should help increase your first call completes, add-on sales, and ultimately make you more efficient and profitable as a service or parts company.
- 5303281153-Rear Bearing Kit-Often called the "Trailer Hitch" bearing, because it looks like the ball and socket you might see on a boat trailer hitch. It is a long running part that was a bread-and-butter stockable part when I entered the appliance trade 22 years ago.
- 5303937139-Front Felt/Glide Assembly-Commonly used upper felt seal for dryer drum. Comes with glides mounted to the felt and adhesive needed for install.
- 5300622032-Dryer Element Restring Coil-This is a coil that is used to restring the element on Frigidaire dryers prior to 1996 that use the large heater that mounts behind the drum. It has 1/4" terminals and is 18 inches long. This coil is sent without a terminal block or insulators. If those are needed, you would need to replace the entire element assembly.
- 131825900-Rear Bearing-This is the receiver part of the 5303281153 rear bearing assembly described above.
- 134503600-Drum Belt-This is 87 3/4 inch belt used on many newer Frigidaire made dryers.
- 5300622034-Dryer Element Restring Coil-Very similar to 5300622032, this is a coil that is used to restring the element on Frigidaire dryers after 1996 that use the large heater that mounts behind the drum. It has 5/16" terminals and is 18 inches long. This coil is sent without a terminal block or insulators. If those are needed, you would need to replace the entire element assembly
We hope you find this list helpful in determining your stock needs, Watch for future posts when we discuss other brands and product types. Happy Servicing!
For more from education and entertainment from W.L. May Company click...HERE