"Numbers, they are a-changin'..." to paraphrase Bob Dylan, represents an often frustrating and little understood phenomena in the appliance parts business. It is especially frustrating when you have a popular part and have the number memorized and then it changes on you and you have a new one to learn. Believe me, we have all been there more times than we can count! Would you believe that part number 12784415 has 26 part numbers associated with it and is getting ready to change again?
Following is a short list as to why these numbers may change:
1. Part has been redesigned to correct an issue.
2. They are getting part from another vendor.
3. Company has been bought by another company and they are changing part numbers to sync with the new company's system.
4. New computer programs are requiring a change.
5. What has come in a kit is now being offered as separate parts.
6. What was a single part is now part of a kit.
I know it can be frustrating, but there is a method to their madness. If anytime you are having difficulties with a part number, please call us here at W L May and we will get you the most current version. We have computer access to the major manufacturers and can access any new information almost instantly. This includes parts that are no longer available through the manufacturer, need to be sent in for rebuild, and parts that are in the process of being changed. We also have the ability, in many cases, to take a part number you have and find previous part numbers (example - research gives you the newest part number but you may have an older part number in your stock that will work).
W L May is your advocate/go-between with the manufacturers - please use us!
Have a great week!