Welcome to the W.L. May Company Blog.
Offering information and fun for the appliance repair industry and interested do-it-yourselfers since 2013.
To shop for appliance parts visit our Main Page
Friday, February 21, 2014
Fun Friday Appliance Trivia Challenge
1. What is a splutch?
2. How many washing machine are sold annually in the US?
3. What is the part number for a bullet piercing valve from Supco?
4. What major appliance doesn't have any valves?
5. How much would you pay for a 13 Cubic foot Westinghouse refrigerator in 1960?
6. W.L. May is now stocking a dishwasher installation kit. What is the part number?
7. During what decade did the number of homes with mechanical refrigerators rise from 44% to 80%?
8. The appliance maker Whirlpool started it life under a different name, what was the original name?
1. Whirlpool splineless clutch
2. According to Ask.com, 7.5 million
4. Electric Dryer (You could have also answered Trash Compacter)
7. The 1940's
8. Upton Company
O-2 correct: You know a bit, but still have a lot to learn. Luckily you came to the right place.
2-4 correct: You know a fair amount about appliances. Keep visiting this blog to learn even more.
4-6 correct: You know a lot about appliances. Pass some of that knowledge on to someone.
6-8 correct You are an appliance star! Great job!