|Creative Commons license on image.|
1. This appliance was inspired by a melted candy bar. What is it?
2. The first electric washing machine was introduced in 1892, 1904, or 1916?
3. What is a wig wag on an appliance?
4. Who made the skinny-mini laundry center?
5. "Hillbilly music" will often use 2 laundry related instruments. What are they?
6. What is a monitor top?
7. J.C Penneys once sold appliances with their name on it. Who made them?
8. What appliance brand is a pun on waste treatment device that uses combustion?
1. The microwave oven. During testing of microwaves for use in radar, Percy LeBaron Spencer, a Raytheon engineer noticed that the microwaves had melted a candy bar in his pocket. Further testing and design led to the microwave oven.
3. A wig wag is an oscillating solenoid used on some belt drive washers.
5.The washtub bass and the washboard
6. GE refrigerators that had the compressor assembly mounted over the top of the refrigerator.
8. In-Sink-Erator (Incinerator)
O-2 correct: You know a bit, but still have a lot to learn. Luckily you came to the right place.
2-4 correct: You know a fair amount about appliances. Keep visiting this blog to learn even more.
4-6 correct: You know a lot about appliances. Pass some of that knowledge on to someone.
6-8 correct You are an appliance star! Great job!
For more from education and entertainment from W.L. May Company click...HERE